WHAT IS BAKING SODA?
A baking soda is a type of salt that is used to make baked foods such as cookies and breads. A baking soda is basically a white powder used particularly in baking to make dough rise and in medicine to reduce stomach acid.
Here are some benefits of baking soda;
- Baking soda is used for the treatment of heart burning.
- Many people use baking soda as mouth wash. Because baking soda freshen your breath and gives antibacterial properties to your teeth’s.
- Baking soda is most popular ingredient at home for whitening teeth’s.
- A baking soda bath is often recommended to itchy skin. These baths are helpful at soothe itches from bug bites and bee stings.
- Baking soda helps mostly to freshen the smelly fridges at home.
- Baking soda is also helpful for cleaning the kitchen stains.
- Baking soda is mostly used to clean the bathroom tiles, bath tubs , bathroom sink etc
A baking powder is a white powder that is used to make baked foods such as cakes and breads. A baking powder is basically a mixture of powders used to make cakes, rise and become light when they are baked. Baking powder is used to increase the volume of the texture and make the texture lighten. Baking powder is used instead of yeast. Baking powder maximizes the timing of labors. Baking powder is used to make different and innovative products in baking.
What is the difference between in baking soda and baking powder?
Both baking soda and baking powder are added to baked goods before cooking to produce carbon dioxide and cause them to rise. Baking powder also contains baking soda. Baking soda and backbreaking both contains sodium bicarbonate. But baking powder also contain acidifying agent such as Cream of tartar.
BAKING SODA AND VINEGAR
Vinegar is an aqueous solution of acetic acid and trace chemicals that may include flavorings. Vinegar There are many kinds of vinegar, depending upon the source materials. Vinegar is now commonly used as a flavorful, acidic cooking ingredient, or in pickling. When you mix baking soda with vinegar you get a chemical reaction an eruption of bubbles. A product of this reaction is carbon dioxide. The same reaction happens in our cookies, cakes, breads, etc.
Baking soda is basically bicarbonate and vinegar is actually an acetic acid. This reaction creates a carbon dioxide, which makes the bubbles. When the baking soda meets the vinegar, there is a chemical reaction as carbon dioxide gas is created and fills the balloon causing it to blow up. Baking soda and vinegar both products are used for many purposes such as cleaning mugs , coffee mugs or tea cups .baking soda and vinegar are also used for cleaning the fridge .
- collect your materials
- Place the balloon opening around the opening of the funnel of bottle.
- Pour a cup of baking soda using to fill the balloon half
- Use the funnel to fill the plastic bottle with a cup of white vinegar
- Place the balloon opening around the bottle
- Hold the balloon up so the baking soda falls into the bottle
As we discussed above when baking soda and vinegar combined together they create carbon dioxide and then they create evolution of bubbles together.
BAKING SODA SUBSTITUTES
USES TRIPLE THE AMOUNT OF BAKING POWDER
One of the easiest substitutes for baking soda is baking powder. If you have baking powder simply add triple the amount of baking powder to your recipe. For example, if your recipe include one tablespoon of baking soda, add three tablespoons of baking powder.
USE SELF- RISING FLOUR
Self-rising flour contains a little amount of baking powder, so it can also be used as a baking soda substitute. Simply replace the baking soda in your recipe with self-rising flour.
MIX POTASSIUM BICARBONATE AND SALT
Potassium bicarbonate is also used as a substitute of baking soda. This is also used as medicine sometimes to treat conditions like hypertension. For each teaspoon of baking soda in a recipe, add one teaspoon of potassium bicarbonate mixed with a third teaspoon of salt. This usually works out best when we bake different kinds of products.
Both baking soda and baking powder are leavening agents, which mean they are added to baked beforehand cooking to produce carbon dioxide and cause them to rise. Both baking soda and baking powder.Were used to make cookies, cakes, breads etc. we can use baking powder as a substitute of baking Powder. Both ingredients play a major role in baked products.